The Early Morning Program (EMP) at Riverside School provides a fun, familiar place for Riverside students before the start of the school day. This before school enrichment program is led by a Riverside teacher who supervises the children in the cafeteria while they engage in activities corresponding to the program such as reading, arts & crafts, puzzles, and games.
Timing & Drop Off
The program runs Monday through Friday from 7:15 am until school opens at 8:30 am. If there is a delayed school opening, the program will begin one hour and fifteen minutes before school opens. For example, if there is a 90-minute delayed opening, the school will start at 10:00 am and the Early Morning Program will begin at 8:45 am. Please note, the EMP begins on the second day of school each year; it is not available on the first day.
Parents should bring their children to the outside cafeteria door off the blacktop at the south end of the school.
EMP requires advance enrollment and payment before your child may attend. See below for details on how to enroll each child and make a payment.
There is no nurse in the school building during Early Morning Program hours; therefore, any medical information must be communicated on the enrollment form, and any medication must be sent into the Early Morning Program.
To drop off medication, please put it in the Early Morning Program staff member’s hands, along with a completed Authorization for the Administration of Medicines by School Personnel form, on the first day you drop off your child, rather than sending it in your child’s backpack.
How to Enroll
Please fill out the enrollment form online in order for your child to attend the program on a regular basis and/or be eligible to be a drop-in student.
How to Pay
Please pay all fees in advance online only at rivpta.org (no cash or checks accepted).
- Per Day: We require advance payment if you would like to enroll in the EMP. Please pre-pay and indicate the date(s) your child will attend by clicking the button below. For daily drop-ins, please only pay a week ahead of time, with a maximum of 5 days at a time.
- The drop-in rate is $18 per child per day.
- Per Semester: If enrolling your child for a semester, you may choose 1-5 days per week. You may attend any day(s) during the week and those days can change weekly.
- Fees are $1,080 for 5 days, $885 for 4 days, $700 for 3 days, $520 for 2 days, and $270 for 1 day per week.
- *** New this year *** : purchase a 5-pack or 10-pack and use whatever days you choose throughout the semester!. 5-day pack for $90 and 10-day pack for $180
Questions? Please contact Anne Akyuz and Melissa Goldstein at riversideschoolfamily@gmail.
- Friday, September 22
- Monday, September 25
- Wednesday, September 27
- Wednesday, October 4
- Tuesday, October 10
View Full Calendar
2023-2024 District Calendar
MyPage: Parent Dashboard
Create or update your login today and access MyPage, your personal dashboard to buy tickets, volunteer and much more!